• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mitchel Jones

Mitchel Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I am loving all the great topics and info! I had a question and haven't seen any posts regarding it so I thought I would ask. I own a glidecam 4000 and smooth shooter setup and used to shoot with a Canon XL-2. I have since sold it and started shooting on DSLR setups.

The issue I am having is balancing a Canon EOS Rebel T2i on the Glidcam 4000 with the smooth shooter rig. I know the camera is way lighter than the 4000 is supposed to use, but it's what I have to work with. I was going to add a rail system to the camera as well as a french flag attachment. This would help add some weight. but I'm not sure how I should set the springs in the stabilizer arm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry if this is vague. I can add details if need. Thanks guys!

#2 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 921 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Mods, not that you won't do it anyway, but this should be moved to the newbie forum. :)

That is indeed vague. You should be good once you add the rails and such. I'm not sure how the adjustments work on that arm, but in general you want the arm to hang level when it is under load. So whatever adjustments to make that happen will be good.

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery