1 reply to this topic

#1 invalid username

invalid username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'd like to own my own wireless RCA system, nothing too fancy and nothing at a level that pro companies might use, but something to work with. Could anybody make a suggestion?

I heard good things about the RF-Video systems, and they fit nicely into my price range, but I have no experience at all with VHF or UHF transmitters/recievers, so I really need some help on this one.

An ideal price is $1000-2000 including a reciever, and I'm not looking for 1000' ft range or anything like that.

Thanks a lot!

#2 Jonathan Parris

Jonathan Parris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Murfreesboro, TN USA

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

There's all kinds of transmitters and receivers in the $100-200 price range, none of which would be considered professional. If you're just wanting something cheap that will get the job done for now, these work okay in a pinch:
Terk A/V Sender and Receiver

They run off of 9v (regulated) DC power. The signal is not perfect, but it's good enough to pull focus from. Again, it's not a professional solution by any means, but it does work. Anything under $500 will pretty much get you same quality.

As far as I have found though, to get a set in your price range, you'll probably have to buy used. The better SD transmitters and receivers start at around $3000.
Transvideo wireless video

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems