#1 Rory Martinez

Rory Martinez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Leeds, UK

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hey all,

I have recently purchased a Glidecam X-22 and have been having a play around after watching loads of tutorials and reading extensive amounts of instruction booklets. I had a few days playing with operator Matt Burton and now this is the video of my first real go solo at trying to do a walk cycle and trying to incorporate a few different techniques into it.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to improve or tips on what i could do to get better?

Many thanks,

Rory Martinez

Edited by Rory Martinez, 24 September 2010 - 05:00 AM.

#2 Christopher T. Paul- SOC

Christopher T. Paul- SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

You're certainly off to a good start! Great to have folks that will practice setups with you like that. My one tip is to try to lighten up your grip on your gimbal a bit. You have some minor panning (left/right) correction issues , especially towards the end of the sequence. To see this clearly, watch your reel again and don't look at your framing or the talent, but just observe a fixed point in the background, and watch how it tracks through your shot. If you see that your background is jumping around a lot, and yet your talent is on a consistent path, you are over correcting- and need to lighten up your grip/amount of influence on the pan axis.

Keep going, good work!

#3 Rory Martinez

Rory Martinez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Leeds, UK

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Thanks very much for your advice. I did think that I was gripping the gimbal too tight and from what I had read previously it said that the looser the better.

Thanks again,

Rory Martinez

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Wireless Video Systems