#1 Janice Arthur

Janice Arthur

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi all;

I've found the easiest and has the most options to power the Red off my sled is to use the Red to 4 pin XLR lots of rental houses have in their stock.

I use my existing PRO to 4 Pins, of which I have a wide selection. I have so far avoided buying my own Red to Steadicam cables.

Because I can use the Red power off the PRO 2 pin lemo or the PRO 3 pin lemo on my sled I'd have to buy 4 cables, $800. I'm not happy about that.

Lately, I've had lots a requests for this set up and I may end up buying my own short, like 6 in, Red to 4pin XLR Male to make the set up cleaner. Two cables, $400., expensive but at least its half the price.

JA

#2 Milos Kodemo

Milos Kodemo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hi,

you can order just the connectors directly from lemo. I bough 6pin for RED and 3pin for Ultra. It cost me something like 30$ a piece. For the cable, there are various types of course. I bought microphone cables "PROEL" brand which are very flexible.
think that minimum order from LEMO is 100chf ( close to 100$). But anyway it is much cheaper than to buy already made cables
and made them myself

best regards

#3 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

Hi all;

I've found the easiest and has the most options to power the Red off my sled is to use the Red to 4 pin XLR lots of rental houses have in their stock.

I use my existing PRO to 4 Pins, of which I have a wide selection. I have so far avoided buying my own Red to Steadicam cables.

Because I can use the Red power off the PRO 2 pin lemo or the PRO 3 pin lemo on my sled I'd have to buy 4 cables, $800. I'm not happy about that.

Lately, I've had lots a requests for this set up and I may end up buying my own short, like 6 in, Red to 4pin XLR Male to make the set up cleaner. Two cables, $400., expensive but at least its half the price.

JA

Hey Janet,
I just got one from Terry West for $240 any connector end you want, he's made me two different ones for both of my rigs 4 pin XLR and 3 pin limo . . .

??

#4 Brant S. Fagan SOC

Brant S. Fagan SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 407 posts
  • Charlestown, New Hampshire, USA

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

Janice-- email me off-Forum about those RED connectors for your cables, please.

#5 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

Hi all;

JA

Agree completely.

I always request a 4-pin XLR power cable from the rental house for whatever camera they supply, and have saved most of that $10k+ for the purpose of philandering.

Chris

#6 Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith

• Sustaining Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi all;

JA

Agree completely.

I always request a 4-pin XLR power cable from the rental house for whatever camera they supply, and have saved most of that $10k+ for the purpose of philandering.

Chris

Do any of you fine people happen to know the pinout for the RED camera power input? I can't find it anywhere online.
-Aaron

Edited by Aaron Smith, 24 September 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#7 Mike Germond SOC

Mike Germond SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 468 posts
  • Orlando Steadicam LLC

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

Attached File  REDOne_DC-in.png   75.8KB   99 downloads

#8 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

I had Terry make me a red power cable as well as a pig tail and an xlr cable for the f-35. There is almost a volt difference (according to the meter on the camera) when using a direct pro to f-35 cable vs the pro to xlr then an xlr to f-35. Anyone take any readings or notice anything on the red?

rb

#9 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:32 AM

With the new RED MX upgrade cameras they supplied a new powersupply. Anyone know how the new MX cameras power consumption effect us?

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Teradek

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC

SkyDreams

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

BOXX

IDX