3 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas John Kropla

Douglas John Kropla

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 91 posts
  • Montreal

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

I was just wondering if there was? I can think of a few shots that might be, but just wanted to know for sure. Thanks.

#2 Michael Tsimperopoulos SOC

Michael Tsimperopoulos SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Nope.

#3 Douglas John Kropla

Douglas John Kropla

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 91 posts
  • Montreal

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Wow, how about that. I guess at the time there were not many operators. I would have thought Mr Scott would have used it if it was available. Thank you Michael for the response.

#4 Tommy Stork

Tommy Stork

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 97 posts
  • Ventura, CA

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

In Ridley Scott's 1991 director's cut of the film, in the finale scene where Batty is hunting down Deckard in Sebastian's house, you can see some shadows on the wall as Deckard is looking for a way of escape. Batty howls for the second time and directly after this it cuts to Deckard walking from one room to another as the camera leads him. It's in the second room right before it cuts to the shot of Deckard at the boarded up window with the searchlights blasting in, that you will see the shadows of the crew on the wall. I always thought this was a steadicam shot, but I revisited the film because of this post and it seems clear that it was a handheld shot. It's still fun to see the op and ac's (Robert Thomas and Mike Genne) shadows on the wall though. Sadly, they didn't make the credits for there cameo appearances. Sidenote: in the 2007 released "The Final Cut" this shot has been omitted.

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Ritter Battery

BOXX

Teradek

Paralinx LLC

IDX

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems