2 replies to this topic

#1 invalid username

invalid username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

I've gotten a few chances to operate pro Steadicam rigs over the past year, and I've fallen in love with them.

Right now I'm saving money to buy a Steadicam Pilot, but I'd like to begin right away with something smaller.

You guys here seem to know everything about stabilizers, so I wanted to post a link to the introductory-level stabilizer I'm looking at to see what you guys think.

The product is the Balvanz Enterprises stabilizer, http://balvanzenterp...ilizerPro.html. At only $130, it's right within my price range, but I'd like to get some feedback first.

If this product just doesn't cut it, does anybody have other suggestions within this price area? Again I'm just looking for a nice way to be introduced to stabilizers with some good footage, not make a Hollywood movie.

#2 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1133 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

Hi Alexander and welcome to the Forum.

The Steadicam Forum is primarily for professionals using professional level rigs. I'm sure there's tons of useful information you can find here by using the SEARCH feature and I know people can debate all day as to whether the Pilot even fits here. On the professional level it's nearly impossible to even buy a cable for $130 much less any form of rig.

Try the home-made stabilizer forum / group and I think you'll find more information in the range you are looking.

All the best!

#3 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

"Try the home-made stabilizer forum / group and I think you'll find more information in the range you are looking."

Hi Alexander and Robert .
This is there website
welcome and good luck

Camera Motion Research

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems