http://www.degreefin...m-operator.html

#2 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 429 posts
  • India

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

http://www.degreefinders.com/education-articles/careers/how-to-become-a-steadicam-operator.html

I wonder how they put all of that together. It seems like a research assistant with no film experience interviewed a few people to glean the information that shows up on that post.

"As of March 2010, the average annual salary for steadicam operators is $20,000 " - Its going to take an awfully long time to pay for the rig with that kind of income :unsure:

#3 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

http://www.degreefinders.com/education-articles/careers/how-to-become-a-steadicam-operator.html

That's some funny shit....

High School diploma required, advanced degree required, $20K/year????? where did they get this crap?

#4 Fabrizio Sciarra SOC ACO

Fabrizio Sciarra SOC ACO

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • London,UK

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

I'm afraid they're just throwing a lot of smoke in the eyes just to sell their "online degrees".
Crap.

#5 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

That's some funny shit....

High School diploma required, advanced degree required, $20K/year????? where did they get this crap?

If I had known how much there was to be made off this silly job I would have jumped in right after high school instead of getting that degree in Nucular Physics from TX.

#6 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

I dunno, If you consider the rig like an asset/liability. With the amount most Steadicam ops spend on kit,toys, batteries etc. You might find that a lot of them do actually only have $20,000 /year take home pay.

#7 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Ok . . . I think your all missing the point . . . . .hehehe

Shhhhhhh . . . .DO NOT correct this data . . .

Yes, of course we only make $20 k a year and of course all the other info is correct,

Who wants to start a career that tops out at 20k and is very physically demanding . . . . . . . .

8-)

Just Sayin

#8 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1057 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

Will my GED suffice?

I always heard that it was inappropriate to define something with the same word you're defining. Uses the term "steadicam" 23 times (not including title headings).

I particularly like this gem: "A career as a steadicam operator is an excellent choice for individuals with a strong interest ... the use of steadicam equipment." Really?

#9 Robert Wall

Robert Wall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

I know this is very much later than this topic was started - but you know these sorts of pages ("how to become a steadicam operator...etc" are generated by a bot that pulls keywords from online articles. As noted before it's just to generate hits for the page that's selling online degrees.

Omnishot Systems

IDX

Paralinx LLC

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

BOXX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

GPI Pro Systems