#1 Pete Barta

Pete Barta

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 40 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

Hi Guys,

I am not a salesman but a camera / steadicam operator out of australia who has bought Griptech's Products and wanted to share my experiences.
Griptech produces very high quality engineered products and one of them is the Griptech Slider. The Griptech Slider is a state of the art Slider that offers unique features and ultra smooth tracking of the camera. You can check it out on YouTube or Trevor Fabor's website www.griptech.net.au which show's more in detail the other great products the little Aussie battler offers. I have used his products and can only say they are the best please check them out it's good to share good products especially one not known so well outside of Australia.

Thought you guys might be interested.

Any user based questions you can email me direct petebarta(at)mac dot com

Thanks,

Pete Barta
Camera / Steadicam / AR Rig

#2 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 429 posts
  • India

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hi Pete,
I can vouch for the quality of Trevors workmanship. Amongst the best.
However it is more appropriate to call him "South African Battler". I knew him (not very well) and Andrew Faber, back when they used to live in SA. Good grip. Better Machinist.

Sanjay Sami

Hi Guys,

I am not a salesman but a camera / steadicam operator out of australia who has bought Griptech's Products and wanted to share my experiences.
Griptech produces very high quality engineered products and one of them is the Griptech Slider. The Griptech Slider is a state of the art Slider that offers unique features and ultra smooth tracking of the camera. You can check it out on YouTube or Trevor Fabor's website www.griptech.net.au which show's more in detail the other great products the little Aussie battler offers. I have used his products and can only say they are the best please check them out it's good to share good products especially one not known so well outside of Australia.

Thought you guys might be interested.

Any user based questions you can email me direct petebarta(at)mac dot com

Thanks,

Pete Barta

#3 Pete Barta

Pete Barta

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 40 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

Hi Sanjay Sami,

Yes you are right he should be called the SA Battler, he is known to us Aussie Ops making lots of wonderful custom bits and that is hard to find. His gear is not known worldwide although he has sold some sliders to LA ops just thought I'd share for a change.

Any guys out there have a good machinist in the states?

Thanks,

Pete Barta
[/quote]
[/quote]

#4 Pete Barta

Pete Barta

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 40 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:55 AM

Hi All,

I found another good video on Youtube of Griptech's Slider and other products.

Griptech Slider

All the best,

Pete Barta

#5 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hi All,

I found another good video on Youtube of Griptech's Slider and other products.

Griptech Slider

All the best,

Pete Barta

anybody knows a good slider to use with a geared head, without having to use a riser...?

#6 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

anybody knows a good slider to use with a geared head, without having to use a riser...?

Considering that the wheels hang below the tiedown point and the pan wheel sits above the likely point of travel for the slider, it's a tough one to circumvent. Walter's offset version would help, but once you've panned to a certain degree the wheel is still going to hit the track.

#7 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Considering that the wheels hang below the tiedown point and the pan wheel sits above the likely point of travel for the slider, it's a tough one to circumvent. Walter's offset version would help, but once you've panned to a certain degree the wheel is still going to hit the track.

When I use the geared head with a slider, I just use the optional square wheels for clearance

#8 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

When I use the geared head with a slider, I just use the optional square wheels for clearance

Liar. You lash a panhandle to the side and muscle your way through it. I've seen pictures.

#9 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Guilty as charged

#10 Joshua Harrison

Joshua Harrison

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 127 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

couldn't you just use a liberal amount of lisagav on the outside of the pan wheel and just crank the wheel hard?

Josh

#11 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

couldn't you just use a liberal amount of lisagav on the outside of the pan wheel and just crank the wheel hard?

Josh

nah...the 'gav is flamable so too much friction is bad (why it can't be used in tiffen arms)

#12 Joshua Harrison

Joshua Harrison

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 127 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Josh

nah...the 'gav is flamable so too much friction is bad (why it can't be used in tiffen arms)

ahh right I forgot how flammable it is...your square wheels seems like the only good solution then.

Josh

#13 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 429 posts
  • India

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hi Jens,
Try the Ronford-Baker slider. I use slightly longer posts on the mitchell mount than the ones supplied, and the wheels clear with enough finger room to spare.

http://www.ronfordba....uk/slider.html

Regards

Sanjay Sami

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Engineered Cinema Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech