2 replies to this topic

#1 kes

kes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:38 PM

I was thinking to add another monitor on my Master for return viewing. What size of LCD and what brand would you recommend for that purpose. What I was actually thinking about is the new Archos AV300 series which I could also use for re-playing shots.
Thanks
Kes

#2 PatrickvanWeeren

PatrickvanWeeren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Amsterdam The Netherlands

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:53 PM

Hello folks,

Considering return viewing:
I use a tally system, with a photoLED on the camera's tally to the Master series Monitor.

On top of the monitor I've made an L-bracket with the smallest LCD monitor and VHF UHF receiver that I could find (CASIO) .

The Casio takes the 7v outlet from the Master series sled and that will save you from changing penlites during your work.

I choose the smallest monitor so that it wouldn't influence my balance to much. If you think of it, you don't need to see much; only the framing of your collegues.

The bigger the monitor; the worse it will influence the rig and it will be out of you're line of sight more often as well.

This way I can see my own shot perfectly and I also have a back up if my tally system fails. (Or even if my own monitor doesn't want to work !)

Good-luck !

Patrick van Weeren

#3 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:06 PM

I was thinking to add another monitor on my Master for return viewing. What size of LCD and what brand would you recommend for that purpose. What I was actually thinking about is the new Archos AV300 series which I could also use for re-playing shots.
Thanks
Kes

Check the last year forum,
SecondMonitor post

It's a very cheap and nice setup. I use it myself now. It's very bright and most important, very light.

Greetings

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Teradek

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies