1 reply to this topic

#1 Daniel Loher

Daniel Loher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Munich

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

I am considering to have my PRO sled upgraded to HD. Before doing so I have two questions.

If I do an HD upgrade to my PRO sled, will I still be able to run my usual SD setup with the PRO monitor and the and the sleds electronic bubble?

In the HD setup-
How I understand it, the HD monitor is directly powered by an attached battery brick and the signal is fed through an SDI cable coming from the batterymodule.

I would be happy to hear from anyone hwo has experience with this.

regards Daniel
Daniel Loher
www.dploher.com

#2 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1274 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

I am considering to have my PRO sled upgraded to HD. Before doing so I have two questions.

If I do an HD upgrade to my PRO sled, will I still be able to run my usual SD setup with the PRO monitor and the and the sleds electronic bubble?

In the HD setup-
How I understand it, the HD monitor is directly powered by an attached battery brick and the signal is fed through an SDI cable coming from the batterymodule.

I would be happy to hear from anyone hwo has experience with this.

regards Daniel

YES

In the HD setup-

you can power the monitor two ways, through the standard 8 pin, or depending on your monitor directly with attached battery. either way, you will have to run the hd video line separately.

FYI: you will not be able to use your super-post after that, unless you change that cable as well...

beste gruesse nach muenchen...
Jens Piotrowski
Los Angeles, CA

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Lemo Connectors

Stabilizer Workshops

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Glidecam Industries

Omnishot Systems

Hocus Products