2 replies to this topic

#1 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:44 AM

Anyone know the dimensions of a mitchell mount? I want to make a custom hardmount and don't have one handy. I think the center hole is somewhere around 3.5" and the whole thing is about 7" but don't know how exact those are. Also need to know how deep I should make the center portion.

Thanks,
Jess

#2 Steve Minnick

Steve Minnick

• Sustaining Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Anyone know the dimensions of a mitchell mount? I want to make a custom hardmount and don't have one handy. I think the center hole is somewhere around 3.5" and the whole thing is about 7" but don't know how exact those are. Also need to know how deep I should make the center portion.

Thanks,
Jess

I was wondering the same thing...I am building one for a Flyer socket and I think the smallest plate can be 3 inches by 5 inches...and about a 1/4 inch thick. I would like to know if there is kind of a "standard" though. I plan to use a Manfrotto pipe clamp on the back for mounting.

anybody have any other info?

Thanks
Steve

#3 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 429 posts
  • India

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi Jess dont know if you are still looking, but here are the measurements of the Chapman standard mitchell mount. It is different from Fisher. The center hole is the same size, which is significant.

Attached Files

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

IDX

SkyDreams

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions