4 replies to this topic

#1 Roman Elenovitch

Roman Elenovitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hi all...

That do you can tell about "Glidecam Gold System". Arm, sled, vest.

Thank you

#2 Mark Schlicher

Mark Schlicher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Roman,

I suggest you post in the Steadi-newbies forum, and Glidecam has it's own forums. You can also find reviews of Glidecam and other "budget" systems on the DVInfo.net forums.

Glidecam's lower-end products are generally considered very limited in both capacity and performance. Their upper-end products are more refined and better-designed and manufactured but still generally fall short of Tiffen's entry-level systems for performance.

When it comes to stabilizers, there is really no substitute for trying a system out (at a Workshop or under the watchful eye of an experienced operator). You can also benefit greatly from reading the Holway/Hayball book. Though it is oriented to the Tiffen rigs, it covers the principles that apply to all systems.

#3 Roman Elenovitch

Roman Elenovitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Roman,

I suggest you post in the Steadi-newbies forum, and Glidecam has it's own forums. You can also find reviews of Glidecam and other "budget" systems on the DVInfo.net forums.

Glidecam's lower-end products are generally considered very limited in both capacity and performance. Their upper-end products are more refined and better-designed and manufactured but still generally fall short of Tiffen's entry-level systems for performance.

When it comes to stabilizers, there is really no substitute for trying a system out (at a Workshop or under the watchful eye of an experienced operator). You can also benefit greatly from reading the Holway/Hayball book. Though it is oriented to the Tiffen rigs, it covers the principles that apply to all systems.

Yes I am sorry was mistaken. I did not know as to transfer topic.

Thanks for your comment

#4 Simon Wyndham

Simon Wyndham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Midlands, UK

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

[deleted]

Edited by Simon Wyndham, 26 April 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#5 Tom Daigon

Tom Daigon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

[deleted]

Hi Simon. Oh sure...now I really want to know what you decided to delete ;-)

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications

BOXX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery