9 replies to this topic

#1 Amaro Gomez-Pablos

Amaro Gomez-Pablos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

Hello everone,

First of all, as a new member of this forum, I thank everyone for the very useful information and advice I've found.

I am an AC, and I am looking for a transmitter that could work for bumpy surface conditions as I have to send video signal from a Radcam (a remote control camera car) to the Radcam operator's monitor.
(Find info here: http://www.innovisio.../radcam35.shtml)
When the car is moving smoothly, slow, and in a very flat surface, the Modulus 3000 transmitter we have works perfectly but as the operator accelerates and "drives" more aggressively the video signal starts to flicker in the monitor... Is that usual in a Modulus 3000 transmitter?

As I have to buy another one anyway, I would like to know if there is a known transmitter for this kind of circumstances. SD signal is enough. How about Transvideo Titan SD?

Thank you,
Amaro

#2 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

What receiver are you using? A good diversity receiver may help things.

~Jess

#3 Amaro Gomez-Pablos

Amaro Gomez-Pablos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

Jess,

I used a portable Color TV with FM/AM radio and UHF/VHF-H/VHF-L. But I thought flicker might be caused by the transmitter not the reciever... right?

My best

#4 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:23 AM

Is it really that hard to use your real name?

#5 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:26 AM

Amaro,

Yes, please change your display name to your real first and last name as that is our custom and policy here.

What are you powering the Modulus from? As you increase speed, could motor (car motor) noise be contaminating your transmitter?

#6 Amaro Gomez-Pablos

Amaro Gomez-Pablos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

Alright, I changed my display name.

ALEC: The car has its own battery and the camera uses a separate 12V battery.

#7 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

It's interference being produced by the Radcams motor. You need to shield the motor and either use a canatrans or go microwave

#8 Amaro Gomez-Pablos

Amaro Gomez-Pablos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

I will check that out Eric.....

#9 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:04 PM

I used a portable Color TV with FM/AM radio and UHF/VHF-H/VHF-L. But I thought flicker might be caused by the transmitter not the reciever... right?

Transmitter, receiver and antennas all work together to give you a picture. A quality receiver can make a big difference and when lots of motion is involved diversity can improve things a lot as well. If you want to stick with a small TV I have been really impressed by the quality of the receiver in the Camos monitors although its not diversity and might not fix your problems.

As mentioned you could be getting interference from motors, etc... You should be able to do some test to determine if your problem is from interference or not.

Another thing to keep in mind is that any wireless link is going to work best line of sight. If your transmitter and antenna are close to the ground I could see this causing problems at times if things pass between the antenna and the receiver. You might want to look into a longer or higher transmitter antenna. Directional antenna(s) on the receiver can help as well.

If you want to try a different transmitter definitely see if you can demo, rent or borrow it before going out and buying something totally new as it might not give you the improvement you hope for.

~Jess

#10 Amaro Gomez-Pablos

Amaro Gomez-Pablos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

Thank you Jess.

I am planning on buying a Transvideo Hermes receiver, as the tv monitor is just not reliable and kind of old. As the Radcam will be rent with a transmitter-receiver, I must provide one to the client.
After a research, I have seen that modulus 3000 transmitter together with hermes receivers are a great option to work with.

Im gonna check everything this week, the interference between the motor and the transmitter, try with someone elses receiver, etc...

A

PLC Electronics Solutions

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

IDX

Paralinx LLC

SkyDreams