6 replies to this topic

#1 David George Ellis

David George Ellis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Brooklyn Zoo

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:39 PM

I am trying to figure out how I can import pictures I have on my hard drive and drop it either in a reply I'm posting or create a link to take you to that picture. I see I can upload a picture when I begin a topic, but I don't see that in the reply section. I know it sounds way off topic, but it will help me and my newbie comrades with some stuff I've been able to document on my up the ladder of learning...

Thanks for the help,

David

#2 David George Ellis

David George Ellis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Brooklyn Zoo

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:45 PM

P.S.

I also need to know how we can edit our posts and replies. Or was that disabled circa that "NewSteadicam" guy doing his damaging deletes. Son of a... I guess for now I gotta measure twice and cut once until we come up with a remedy. <_<

#3 Jason Williams

Jason Williams

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 189 posts
  • Lancashire, UK

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:05 AM

I am trying to figure out how I can import pictures I have on my hard drive and drop it either in a reply I'm posting or create a link to take you to that picture.  I see I can upload a picture when I begin a topic, but I don't see that in the reply section.  I know it sounds way off topic, but it will help me and my newbie comrades with some stuff I've been able to document on my up the ladder of learning...

Thanks for the help,

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I posted this reply to your post I had the option to upload file, with 1.95mb left for uploads, so another way, to save forum space, is to upload it to some webspace (if you have it ... if not then maybe I can help the entire forum here) and link it using the img tags at the top, here's an idea how that works:

[img]www.mysite.com/picture.jpg[/img]

I have some webspace and the ability to use PHP code so might try and set up an upload system where people can upload pics to use with img tags on this site ... if anyone has any thoughts on that let me know, I'm just trying to help out.

Hope this helps,

Jason :D

<--edit-->
I managed to edit my post and add this comment at the bottom, so you should be able to edit your posts, if needed!

#4 Tim Tyler

Tim Tyler

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Olympia, WA (USA)

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:56 PM

[img]www.mysite.com/picture.jpg[/img]

Actually - That needs to be:

[img]http://www.mysite.com/picture.jpg[/img]

Don't forget the http://

#5 David George Ellis

David George Ellis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Brooklyn Zoo

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:20 PM

Thank you guys,

Unfortunately, I am a fool again. I didn't realize I had to scroll over a little bit in order to see the options to edit posts. Sneaky little icons!!! :ph34r: As far as webspace for pics are concerned, thank you Jason for the kind offer. I just might take you up on that. Then again, maybe I should have a site to have my own selfish autonomy and not infringe upon some other dog's hydrant. And Tim, thank you for your chiming in to prevent further aggravation as well.

>> edit<<

OK, so now I have mastered the art of finding the edit icon. Now I see I can post a file attachment to this reply, but I couldn't do that to another thread before. :( I'm so confused. Are ther certain restrictions to adding files depending on the forum you're posting to? I was trying to do it in the "Newbies" section FYI.

Thanks again,

David

#6 David George Ellis

David George Ellis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Brooklyn Zoo

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:59 PM

So I did a little experiment and I found out that in the Newbies section, one cannot post file attachments to either new posts nor replies. So Tim, if you can hear me, do you think you or the one you delegate that responsibility to can fix that?

Until I get a website,

David

#7 Matt Burton

Matt Burton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • UK

Posted 06 November 2004 - 05:31 AM

So I did a little experiment and I found out that in the Newbies section, one cannot post file attachments to either new posts nor replies.  So Tim, if you can hear me, do you think you or the one you delegate that responsibility to can fix that?

Until I get a website,

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UKscreen.com will let you upload pics that you can link to for free i think, jou will have to register a profile though !

good luck

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX