Nelson Villamil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Montreal - Canada / Bogota - Colombia

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hello

With admiration I have seen the new features of the new family member com Zephyr Tango

My question is:

The new workshops will be to work with the Zephyr?

I'm hoping programming workshops in the second half of 2010, which will probably already on the Zephyr

Thanks

#2 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi Nelson,

I would not be surprised if the Flyer/Pilot workshops added the Zephyr, however I wouldn't be afraid to take one before the Zephyr is included. All of the same principles apply. I would just make sure to go over the balancing on a Pilot, as it is closer to the balancing of the Zephyr than a Flyer is.

I do not know how the Tango will be included in workshops or if it will have it's own, or what. I would imagine it will be longer before we see the Tango available anyway.

#3 Andrew Stone

Andrew Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

Is the Zephyr compatible with existing TIFFEN Steadicam rigs? It is not clear to me as they talk about their new rigs as being Zephyr compatible.

-Andrew

#4 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 748 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

Andrew

Zephyr is a new rig, similar in weight capacity to a Flyer, but with some features of the Pilot (adding small weights when necessary), some features of bigger rigs (expandable monitor and battery positions, no-tools gimbal, XY vernier/drop in stage), and it has a few tricks of its own (customizable connectors and wiring, and "Tango-compatible"). Arm is pretty much a Flyer arm, vest will be either a Flyer vest or something similar (TBD last I heard). So the new sled will work with a Flyer arm (or other arms with an adaptor post).

Workshops: Will be added to all Tiffen workshops when in production.

Jerry

#5 Andrew Stone

Andrew Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hi Jerry,

I am getting your products mixed up I meant Tango (when I said Zephyr). Will the Tango unit be backwards compatible with pre-existing rigs with an intermediary widget or otherwise.

-Andrew

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

The Moses Pole - Steadicam Monopod

Varizoom Follow Focus

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery