• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris JC Black

Chris JC Black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

I had such great replies from my first post on this group, yesterday, I am confident this group of professionals will be able to point me in the right direction for my current camera need. I was recently informed we could use a smaller mat box for the red for our steadicam day tomorrow, but the rentals houses were either closing or did not have it in stock.

It would be a morning (estimated 10am) tomorrow (Saturday) and a return on Sunday/Monday. We are going to be using it for one day. Please reply with a quote to Chrisjcblack@yahoo.com

We are shooting an ultra-low budget feature and are not able to pay standard rates. Thank you in advance.

Best Wishes,

Chris Black
UPM -- Look At Me

#2 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

Hi Chris:

I'm guessing you are looking for a clip-on mattebox. You may also want to specify which lenses it will be used with, as those require various stepdown rings. Your first AC will have that info.

Good luck and hope it all works out!

best

Charles

#3 Chris JC Black

Chris JC Black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for the reply Charles. We will be using it on our prime lenses. I hope this is specific enough for the stepdown rings. We will be using a range, but nothing extremly tight or wide.

Chris
(323) 450-6237

Hi Chris:

I'm guessing you are looking for a clip-on mattebox. You may also want to specify which lenses it will be used with, as those require various stepdown rings. Your first AC will have that info.

best

Charles

#4 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the reply Charles. We will be using it on our prime lenses. I hope this is specific enough for the stepdown rings. We will be using a range, but nothing extremly tight or wide.

Chris
(323) 450-6237

Hi Chris:

best

Charles

Nope, not specific enough. Prime lenses come in all sorts of sizes. Basically, you need to give us the make and model. If it were a car, all you said was you're using a two-door. Good luck, and if you don't find one, you can always tape filters on and make lens shades out of tape! It'll slow you down, but it'll work. Also, Many rental houses are open on Saturdays.

#5 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:05 AM

A little late now...

I have an old beat up Panavision 4x5 with 2 filter trays (pulled out of the trash at Woody...) that attaches via dog bones to my iris rods.

Actually used it for the first time last Sunday for a Music video... they somehow forgot to order any steadi gear... no mags, no 100%, no mattbox... (no prep) saved there ass as we had up to 4 filters up...

Oh well...

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

Teradek

SkyDreams

BOXX

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems