3 replies to this topic

#1 Jorge Prieto

Jorge Prieto

• Sustaining Members
  • 23 posts
  • Madrid ,spain

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hello to all

Side-side of my donkey box III (PRO) has something of vibration and travels very hardly

Can someone help me to form it well?

Thank you

Jorge prieto

#2 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hello to all

Side-side of my donkey box III (PRO) has something of vibration and travels very hardly

Can someone help me to form it well?

Thank you

Jorge prieto

Jorge,
just noticed that nobody responded to your question. I hope you have solved the problem by now, but if not...your dbox3 came with a little tool for adjusting the 2 axis. Take the side to side knob off and use the afore mentioned tool to adjust the tension and get rid of any slop it may have from side to side. Same thing can be done for the front to back with the other end of the same tool at the rear center of the dbox. I have only had my db3 for a year so there are many out there who know more than I do.

pm me directly if you have any issues and I will do my best to help with pictures if need be.

ron

#3 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

FYI: the camera plate has to be in the d-box while you are adjusting it !!!

DONKEY BOX™ III ADJUSTMENT:
Tension Adjustments: In order to adjust the tension or resistance in the knobs it is necessary to use the D-Box III tool.
(Caution: This adjustment should only be made when a camera plate is in place and locked down, do not adjust the side/side tension without a camera plate in place and locked down.) For side/side adjustments it is necessary to first remove the side/side knob on the left side of the D-Box. The knob is held in place by a set-screw, which is accessible through a hole in the underside of the D-Box. It will be necessary to remove this set screw using an allen tool. Once the knob has been removed slide the square-lug end of the tool over the shaft and tighten the locking nut, while checking the side/side control for the desired tension/resistance.
For fore/aft adjustments use the wrench end of the D-Box III tool to access the locking nut. The locking nut is located on the underside of the D-Box towards the fore/aft controls. Tighten the locking nut while checking the fore/aft controls for the desired tension/resistance.

#4 Jorge Prieto

Jorge Prieto

• Sustaining Members
  • 23 posts
  • Madrid ,spain

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

thank you very much Ron and Jens.

I have solved

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems