2 replies to this topic

#1 RobVanGelder

RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:37 AM

With my converted III model I made a rig as lightweight as possible but still with almost all functions available or at least attachable.

But when confronted with the current general use of the Arri435 as an all-round work-horse I still end up with a rig about 21-22 kgs heavy.
And that´s without arm and harnass!

That´s not really a running rig in my opinion, only for very short and exhausing tracks.

So I wonder, what do other people do, except mounting on wheels?
I mean, if you have a staircase halfway your shot, you are back on your feet!

#2 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:10 AM

Hi Rob,

Why dont you try a lighter camera? The Arri 235 looks perfect for a running rig, and a few people on this forum have an SL-Cine for their running rigs as well. Even an arri 2C with steadi mags would be a better option.
The problem with the Arri 435 is that it draws too much power: if you had any other camera , even at 24 volts, you could power it from two batteries instead of three and save yourself even more weight.

#3 RobVanGelder

RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:39 PM

Aaah, if only......Did you see the 235 already in a rental house except for trial?

I have a shoot coming up which involves high speed action scenes, with possible ramping and up to 100 fps or more.
Not much else than a 435 as a choice.....

I looked at the good old arri 3 but that one always has a mediocre video assist, specially for night shoots which I have to do of course.
And to get to 100-130 fps you need 2 separate batteries which could be strapped to my harnass or to my assistant.

Sl is very nice, I worked with it, but limited in speed again.

:unsure:

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC

SkyDreams

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Engineered Cinema Solutions

IDX