• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gabriel Gallant

Gabriel Gallant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

Greetings all. The tax refund came in and after much research, I decided to start small and work my way up. UPS showed up the other day with the Merlin. So far I have wanted to throw the thing through many a window. I do realize however that this takes patience to get the settings right.

I decided to start small on all my gear to make sure I really want to forge into the world camera operator. I also bought a JAG35 lens and a Tiffen tripod dolly. Now it practice practice practice.

I stumbled across other forums and this looks to be the most friendly and professional site out of them all with great advice. Well, back to the Merlin, so far I have yet to get the one second tilt. The thing just rotates over quickly.....

-Gabriel-

#2 steve andrews

steve andrews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Greetings all. The tax refund came in and after much research, I decided to start small and work my way up. UPS showed up the other day with the Merlin. So far I have wanted to throw the thing through many a window. I do realize however that this takes patience to get the settings right.

I decided to start small on all my gear to make sure I really want to forge into the world camera operator. I also bought a JAG35 lens and a Tiffen tripod dolly. Now it practice practice practice.

I stumbled across other forums and this looks to be the most friendly and professional site out of them all with great advice. Well, back to the Merlin, so far I have yet to get the one second tilt. The thing just rotates over quickly.....

-Gabriel-

what type of camera are you using

Edited by steve andrews, 14 March 2010 - 07:55 PM.

#3 steve andrews

steve andrews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

what type of camera are you using

#4 Niall Chadwick

Niall Chadwick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

Definitely come to the right place. You will be hard pressed to find a group of more dedicated, generous and talented people anywhere else.

If you can tell what the camera is, then its easier to know what you are dealing with.

From what I can see, each camera has its only little quirks that make balancing it different on various rigs.

However, Im also a newbie at this.

/cue the pros

Omnishot Systems

Teradek

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

IDX

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies