#1 Eric K. Boucher

Eric K. Boucher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Hey All,

Somewhat still a little new around here.

I've been asked to fly a 7D on my Flyer LE for a music video. The director had done a similar video a little while ago [7D on a steadicam; not sure what model].

I have read some topics of the forum but am still relativley in the dark on what to do for weight. I'm under the impression that the 7D with a lens won't be heavy enough for the arm to drop comfortably.
Last time they had a Bartech for the focus puller, and I heard they may have had a lcd somewhere on the rig.

I have no mod's to my Flyer if that makes any difference [in terms of adding led weights or things of that nature]

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Mike Germond SOC

Mike Germond SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 468 posts
  • Orlando Steadicam LLC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Canon 5D to light for flyer

that addresses your weight problem...if you have any questions specific to the 7D, search for any of the seemingly endless topics already on here. I can think of a few off hand that address the video output..

#3 Jayson Wilkins

Jayson Wilkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

I'm relatively new too but I did recently fly a 7D on a Pilot. I had to beef up the rig with a few extra weights and open the arms up a lot. I'm not sure if you can add weight to the Flyer's sled but give it a shot. You might also try to find a way to beef up the camera itself by adding weighted plates between the camera and the mount.

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies