Jump to content


Foam for Cases

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

    Advanced Member

  • Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:48 PM

I need to get some of my cases re-foamed and im wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for a supplier in the UK or Europe? Im looking for the semi-rigid kind, not the pick N pluck stuff.
  • 0

#2 RobVanGelder


    Advanced Member

  • Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:09 PM

I would look into the yellow pages for the P.A. cases and such. There are in almost every big city some guys making this stuff and they often have a large supply of foam in different sizes and strength.

I did this when I had to make a case for my Master, went to their shop and could look around and choose on the spot.
They were very friendly and helpful, I had my case in less then 14 hours!
  • 0

#3 Simon Jayes

Simon Jayes

    Advanced Member

  • Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:20 PM

Dear Stephen,

It has been a while since I have been in Britain, but when I was, I did a lot of business with CP Cases.

Sixteen years ago, I would really recommend them!

Anyway, here's their info:

CP Cases Ltd
Worton Hall Industrial Estate
Worton Road
Tel: +44 (0) 208 568 1881
Fax: +44 (0) 208 568 1141
Email: info@cpcases.com

Best regards,
  • 0

#4 Ben Fisher

Ben Fisher

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Essex, UK

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:08 PM

Hi Stephen,

I can highly recommend CP cases, however you may find it quite expensive for them to make custom foam inserts as it is all CNC and there will be a 'programming' charge per different design.

If pick-n-pluck is not your scene then look for a 'foam-converter' - that is the general name for foam guys. They usually hang out in a cold industrial unit in the back-of-beyond with HUGE pile of foam, a big bandsaw and a 'hot-wire'...

The type of 'foam' used is often called LD18-45 or Plastazote.

Good luck

Ben Fisher
  • 0

#5 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy

    Advanced Member

  • Sustaining Members
  • 261 posts
  • London

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:18 AM

Excellent Ben, thanks!
  • 0

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS


The Moses Pole - Steadicam Monopod

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC