6 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Painter

Justin Painter

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 82 posts
  • Los Angeles, Chicago

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

Im wondering if anyone has used the Tilt Catgriller. I would like to hear feedback, pros and cons. I would think the Tilt Catgriller might and nice tool for the super post!

Attached File  Catgriller_0020_down_m.JPG.jpeg   43.89KB   308 downloads

Thanks in advance,
Justin Painter

#2 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 429 posts
  • India

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Im wondering if anyone has used the Tilt Catgriller. I would like to hear feedback, pros and cons. I would think the Tilt Catgriller might and nice tool for the super post!

Attached File  Catgriller_0020_down_m.JPG.jpeg   43.89KB   308 downloads

Thanks in advance,
Justin Painter

Hi Justin,
Never used the Catgriller myself, but I was under the impression that it fits on the tripod as an adaptor to receive the camera with your steadicam dovetail mounted, so that you do not need to switch dovetails and attached rods and accessories when changing modes.
It could be that I have got this wrong (having never actually used one)

Regards

Sanjay Sami
www.thegripworks,com

#3 Gus Trivino

Gus Trivino

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hi Justin

I have a catgriller, and it`s a great tool, but untill now I`ve never used the tilt plate.
I use a lot the catgriller in order to go to tripod and return to steadicam in 1 or 2 minutes.

Anyway, the catgriller only fit in my Baer-Bel topstage, but not on the Artemis or EFP (and I dont know if there is a Catgriller designed for other company, I mean Steadicam, MK-V, PRO, ultimate, etc etc etc)
Ask Markus in order to know: baer-bel@gmx.net

Best to all,

Gus

#4 Justin Painter

Justin Painter

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 82 posts
  • Los Angeles, Chicago

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

Hi Justin

I have a catgriller, and it`s a great tool, but untill now I`ve never used the tilt plate.
I use a lot the catgriller in order to go to tripod and return to steadicam in 1 or 2 minutes.

Anyway, the catgriller only fit in my Baer-Bel topstage, but not on the Artemis or EFP (and I dont know if there is a Catgriller designed for other company, I mean Steadicam, MK-V, PRO, ultimate, etc etc etc)
Ask Markus in order to know: baer-bel@gmx.net

Best to all,

Gus

Guys,

Gus,

If the bottom plate doesn't work on ones sled, it seems that all one would have to do is switch the bottom plate with one that works with ones topstage. It seems like an easy switch.
I am wondering how rigid the system is when in the tilt position?, as well as how long it takes switch to the tilt position?

Thanks,

Justin

#5 Alfeo Dixon SOC

Alfeo Dixon SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 756 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

Hi Justin

Gus,

If the bottom plate doesn't work on ones sled, it seems that all one would have to do is switch the bottom plate with one that works with ones topstage.

I think what Gus was trying to say is that the Cat Griller will only accept his Baer-Bel Dovetail plate, which is what I have been wondering also, if it would fit my Ultra2 Dovetail plate?

#6 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

Hi Justin

Gus,

If the bottom plate doesn't work on ones sled, it seems that all one would have to do is switch the bottom plate with one that works with ones topstage.

I think what Gus was trying to say is that the Cat Griller will only accept his Baer-Bel Dovetail plate, which is what I have been wondering also, if it would fit my Ultra2 Dovetail plate?

I've got a Cat Griller and takes the PRO plates.

#7 Gus Trivino

Gus Trivino

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

[/quote]
I've got a Cat Griller and takes the PRO plates.
[/quote]

Hi Lawrence, Great to know that.
and yes, I mean, The catgrill works in a Baer bel dovetail (and now I know in PRO plates too) but I dont know if it fit in another sleds.
Anyway, is a great tool.
Best to all,

Gus

Varizoom Follow Focus

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

Teradek

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Wireless Video Systems

SkyDreams

PLC - Bartech