Photo

Anyone in LA have a Steadicam pilot they rent?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

I have an out of town gig where I need a rig that I can easily fly with. Camera is an EX1 so I am thinking Steadicam pilot. Anyone have one they are willing to rent? I would be willing to do a trade for rental of my wireless follow focus and/or video if anyone is more interested in that than money.

~Jess

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:20 PM

I have an out of town gig where I need a rig that I can easily fly with. Camera is an EX1 so I am thinking Steadicam pilot. Anyone have one they are willing to rent? I would be willing to do a trade for rental of my wireless follow focus and/or video if anyone is more interested in that than money.

~Jess

Why can't you take your rig?

#3 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

Flying on puddle jumpers to remote locations and lugging gear around said remote locations without much of a crew . A rig that can fit in a backpack just seems like the way to go. Taking my rig is an option, just doesn't seem ideal given the circumstances.

~Jess

#4 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

I rent the Nimblecam but it travels in two cases (Storm 2950 and a Steadicam Flyer soft case for vest/arm). Let me know if any interest (it's going to perform more like a full-size rig than the Pilot, in a good way, y'know).

#5 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

I also rent my Flyer from time to time. One case, flyer soft case, but still much larger than it looks like you are looking for. Samy's Camera and Birns & Sawyer both rent Pilots, $250/day at Samy's (!) , $150/day at Birns. I think Indie rentals only has merlins and glidecams but some of the other rental houses like that might have pilots.

#6 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Thanks everyone for the info. Going with the Pilot from Birns. How much does the Nimmblecam rent for? Might want to play with it sometime in the future.

~Jess

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

BOXX

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Omnishot Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

SkyDreams

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions