3 replies to this topic

#1 Dana Morris

Dana Morris

• Sustaining Members
  • 14 posts
  • Long Beach

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hey Guys,

Trying to find a rental house in NYC that has the Lite Panels Ringlite (mini or cine). If anyone knows of a rental house that has them please let me know. Thanks

Dana

#2 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

If you have found one could you tell me what Matte Box they use in conjunction with it.

I bought one of these Ringlights years ago and you have to get a seperate Matte Box. Lite Panel really pissed me about telling me which one to buy and I ended up buying one after another wasting about $1500 on Matte box's (plural). Even now my ringlight just sits on a shelf completely ill prepared to go out on a proper job. I am sure Litepanel have sorted it all out by now I just feel so burnt having spunked all that cash on something that is still useless; I have not gone there again. I just have production book the Gekko. It works, the Mattebox fitments are there, they work.Just cable up the control unit to the bottom of your sled with a cable over the front.

Let me know what MatteBox is on the back please.

Cheers

#3 Santiago Yniguez

Santiago Yniguez

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 43 posts
  • Glendale, CA

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

If you have found one could you tell me what Matte Box they use in conjunction with it.

I bought one of these Ringlights years ago and you have to get a seperate Matte Box. Lite Panel really pissed me about telling me which one to buy and I ended up buying one after another wasting about $1500 on Matte box's (plural). Even now my ringlight just sits on a shelf completely ill prepared to go out on a proper job. I am sure Litepanel have sorted it all out by now I just feel so burnt having spunked all that cash on something that is still useless; I have not gone there again. I just have production book the Gekko. It works, the Mattebox fitments are there, they work.Just cable up the control unit to the bottom of your sled with a cable over the front.

Let me know what MatteBox is on the back please.

Cheers

Hey Thomas. I was on a job recently and came across Lite Ribbon. http://www.litegear.com/sales-lr.html They put out a ton of light. It was great to work with because its light weight, and quick to put on. (adhesive back). This wasn't a Steadicam situation that we were using the lights with so we had a mini 12v battery pack hooked up to it. I'm sure you'll be able to make a cable to power off your rig. Check them out. This is definitely something for my kit. Take care,
Santiago

#4 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

Nice

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery