#1 Pete Barta

Pete Barta

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 40 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

Hi All,

Does anyone own or have any real experience with the new ActionProducts 8" HD-SDI Monitor which is supposed to be 1000nits and costing $2,980.00

ActionProducts website info-

Our heavy duty pro HD-SDI 8" LCD monitor is made for professional use on stabilizing systems as also generally for digital cinematography. With its high resolution, sharpness and 88º viewing angle on all sides! it matches highest standards. The shell is milled out of one piece of 7075 "Aircraft" aluminum! The LCD is protected by a high impact anti reflective safety glass.
Applications are mainly ActionCam (stabilizers generally), Director monitor or even focus control.

Options: V-Mount Battery Plate, Hood (coming soon), customized power cables (open-end power cable included)

8.4" LCD
Resolution: 1024x 768
400x cd/m2 - 500:1
16.7 million colors
4x HD-SDI (2x in, 2x out), RGB Component (in), DVI, S-Video, Composite (in), VGA
480p, 576p, 720p,1035i, 1080i, 1080p
Military approved controller card
Power: 9-36 VDC
High impact anti-reflex safety glass
3x 1/4" threads
Operating Temperature: -20ºC/+55ºC
Power connector: 2pin LEMO
Open-End Power Cable included
7075 "Aircraft" aluminum - milled! Black anodized.

more pics on http://actionproduct...;products_id=45

Attached Files

#2 Joshua Gitersonke

Joshua Gitersonke

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

I'm actually going to be in Switzerland for christmas this year and asked to come by and demo the monitor. As far as I know the 2900 dollar monitor is only 400 nits. They haven't put their 1000 nit monitor on their site yet. It is pretty much the same exact monitor aside from the brightness. The price for the 1000 nit was closer to $3800...
It does seem nice though. It has a DVI port so you can use an HDMI cable with an adapter to DVI( no extra convertor box to attach) for those cameras that HDMI outputs all the information you would like to see.
I saw the 400 nit version at NAB last year. It is a very sturdy monitor. very high quality.
No user buttons which is unfortunate but when I am in Switzerland in a week or so I'll go through the menu system and see if it's cumbersome or simple. I don't think it comes with frame-lines. But don't quote me yet.
I think the Addition of high brightness to this monitor makes it a contender for steadicams.
I"ll post a full review of the monitor after Christmas. If they let me I'll take lots of pictures.
Joshua Gitersonke

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications