Steadicam Workshop with Charles Papert in Sonoma, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trevor Meeks

Trevor Meeks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hey everyone! Join us in the beautiful wine country of Northern California for a two-day workshop with — yep, you read that right — Charles Papert! This is a beginner to intermediate workshop.

Spots are limited, so please read the details below and E-mail me ASAP if you are serious about participating.

The steadicam workshop will be held on December 11th and 12th, 2009 (Friday/Saturday) in Sonoma, California. Sonoma is located about an hour North of San Francisco, in the heart of the Northern California Wine Country. The venue location will be disclosed once you sign up, but what I can tell you is that it will be great for steadicam training.

# of Participants:
We're capping that maximum amount of participants in this workshop to 10, and if we have an incredible amount of interest, I'll certainly plan on holding another workshop in the bay area at some point in the near future.

The cost of the workshop will be $620 per person. This will cover Charles' fee, the venue, and food/snacks during the workshop. Full payment is required to reserve your spot.

Equipment Required:
Steadicams and Cameras are not supplied, so participants must rent or bring their own rig for use during the workshop. Steadicam Pilot/Flyer rentals are reasonably priced, and will be totally worth it for the education you'll be receiving in this workshop. Steadicam-branded stabilizers are not required - Glidecam rigs are a perfectly acceptable alternative. Make sure your camera is within the weight range of the stabilizer's capacity!

Lodging and Transportation:
There are three or four hotels and lodges located in Sonoma Valley, and numerous other options in Napa and Petaluma, which are 20 and 30 minutes away, respectively. I'll be happy to provide you with recommendations if you can't decide where to stay.

San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) airports are located about an hour South of Sonoma, and are served by most major airlines, a few of which include Southwest, United, and Jet Blue. However, if you'd like to fly in a bit closer to Sonoma, consider Sonoma County Airport (STS) as a very convenient alternative. Situated about 35 minutes north of Sonoma in the town of Santa Rosa, Sonoma County Airport is served exclusively by Horizon Airlines (a division of Alaska Airlines.) Rental cars are available at all of the above airports, and Airporter service is also an option.

When you sign up for the workshop, you will be provided with a link to a wiki site with more detailed information about lodging, workshop schedule, etc.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact me ASAP! If you'd like to book a spot in the workshop, please e-mail info@meeksdigitalstudios.com or call 707.328.8881. If you leave a message, PLEASE make sure to leave your first and last name, as well as a call back number.

I look forward to seeing you in the wine country!

Trevor Meeks
Sonoma, CA

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions