No replies to this topic

#1 Alfeo Dixon SOC

Alfeo Dixon SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 756 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

I'd like to give a huge thanks to John Atkinson for bailing me out on my most recent job.

It turned out that the camera house had moved my gear from where they told me to place it for the camera assistants coming in after the weekend to prep. I did call the assistants to make sure that they had gotten my American Steadi-stand, because it was not stacked with all the other gear. He didn't get it and went by the rental house the following day to grab it. However, I not did follow up my email list of cases, to make sure the assistants had all my gear.

4:30am pickup at the hotel for a 5am call time. While unloading and building the rig I ask the AC for my soft bag with the dock, vest, arm and cables.... he replied "Um, I don't have a bag..." Not cool to tell the DP that your master steadicam shot up first will not be happening. Long story short, John sent me a vest, arm and dock and we were up and flying before they finished the coverage and then got the master.

This is one of the most skilled, competitive but still most willingness group I an honored to be amongst. I'm damn proud to be a steadicam op!

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems