4 replies to this topic

#1 RobVanGelder

RobVanGelder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 919 posts
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

In a month or so I might be able to work on a Sci-fi movie, originated from the States. 'Low Budget" is the magic word of course and it is shot in Thailand or surrounding countries because of the locations, not because we are "cheap".

But what is disturbing that I was - beforehand - informed about the maximum budget for me and my rig for this project "because they can easily bring some operator from LA for that amount or less". It's because the operators are so eager to get a job they will go for nearly nothing just to get an opportunity in another country...... so they say.....

We are talking about full size 35mm equipment, lots of SFX, with US DoP, Gaffer and other Key personnel, shooting for approx. 3 weeks.

Any suggestion what would be a minimum acceptable rate/budget for Steadicam/2nd camera function?

PM me if you think it is too delicate to discuss here openly.

Thanks
Rob

#2 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:25 PM

I bet you anything they are telling those LA based operators that they have to work for that because they can easily get a local operator for that amount or less.

~Jess

#3 Fabrizio Sciarra SOC ACO

Fabrizio Sciarra SOC ACO

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • London,UK

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

I bet you anything they are telling those LA based operators that they have to work for that because they can easily get a local operator for that amount or less.

~Jess

What Jess said :angry:

#4 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

~Jess

What Jess said :angry:

Sounds like bluff to me. Its plain and simple, ask what you think it should cost. You will be supprised if its ok, if not, there bad luck. Better then irritate yourself for a month becose you see the trow money on other things after squeezing you out.

My 2 cents ( and that not my rate lol )

#5 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

In a month or so I might be able to work on a Sci-fi movie, originated from the States. 'Low Budget" is the magic word of course and it is shot in Thailand or surrounding countries because of the locations, not because we are "cheap".

But what is disturbing that I was - beforehand - informed about the maximum budget for me and my rig for this project "because they can easily bring some operator from LA for that amount or less". It's because the operators are so eager to get a job they will go for nearly nothing just to get an opportunity in another country...... so they say.....

We are talking about full size 35mm equipment, lots of SFX, with US DoP, Gaffer and other Key personnel, shooting for approx. 3 weeks.

Any suggestion what would be a minimum acceptable rate/budget for Steadicam/2nd camera function?

PM me if you think it is too delicate to discuss here openly.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob. This is an old question and there arenĀ“t new answers...
Only to be sure about payments and think in an adventure... Good luck mate.

BOXX

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

SkyDreams

IDX

Paralinx LLC