5 replies to this topic

#1 Alfeo Dixon SOC

Alfeo Dixon SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 756 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

I was a bit taken when I saw the Taylor Swift LIVE performance while on the subway. Does anyone know the setup of the wireless system used while on the train?

-Alfeo

#2 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:01 AM

I was a bit taken when I saw the Taylor Swift LIVE performance while on the subway. Does anyone know the setup of the wireless system used while on the train?

-Alfeo

May be wireless from camera to receiver point and cable upstairs...?

#3 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:31 AM

-Alfeo

May be wireless from camera to receiver point and cable upstairs...?

During the start of the performance i was hoping for a cool ´oner´ .. but it was cut with several camera´s. My humble opion is,
it was part live and part pre-recorded. If you watch carefully the cuts, you see that the onboard camera in the train (handheld) shows left
part of train.. so you don´t see the train departing the station. Some movement is seen thru the windows in the middle of the clip

Music playback and sync and overall appearance is impressive. The ´steadicam´ shots a bit wild near the end...

Best, Erik

ps. love to hear from the guys who have done the work ;)

#4 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

-Alfeo

Alfeo,
it's the VMAs.....lol....
And it was a pre record , rolled into the live show, Freddy Fredderick, Andrew Jansen and Myself did the show

I was on the "Muse" concert

#5 Alfeo Dixon SOC

Alfeo Dixon SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 756 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

Rob, nice job to you chaps. Ok. So what about the live portion, IDX or microwave? I did see the cables running down the railing of the stairs on one shot. It was a pretty seamless effort, atleast on a first looksy.

-Alfeo "The Enlightened One"

#6 Ian Blewitt

Ian Blewitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

Taylor does this a lot it seems, taking pre-recorded stuff and mixing it with her live show.

I was recently at her show in Cleveland with my girlfriend and there was a part with an "interview" and then the scene came up through the stage. We watched something a week or so before the show that had all of her "clips" she uses in her concerts or other stuff like the CMA thing with T-Pain, and that was one of them.

It would make sense that the subway thing was the same way.

I thought it was really cool, though. Great job to those involved.

Omnishot Systems

Teradek

Varizoom Follow Focus

SkyDreams

Ritter Battery

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Paralinx LLC