Photo

Will a UK F900R with downconverter board output NTSC SD?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:31 AM

Heading off to the other side of the pond and planning on using my wireless video setup but my Sony receiver only supports NTSC. So will a F900R with downconverter board ouput NTSC? I can't find any different model numbers for the parts between the US and the UK but I also can't find any reference to a way to set which standard you want in the manual. Anyone know?

The monitor we are using(Sony 17" LCD) doesn't care if it gets NTSC or PAL.

If that fails, does anyone have a PAL receiver they will loan me? I think my modulus will transmit PAL(atleast my handheld directors monitor could receive it when the redbyte was actually set to PAL)

~Jess

#2 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:18 PM

pal/ntsc.... its weird.

modulus will transmit any signal its given. As a receiver you need a pal tuner set to US frequencies. i.e. the actual channels are different. So that is what is odd. I would recomend you speak to Jaques at Transvideo.

Your Ntsc tuner at US channels will probably give you a useable emergency black and white picture.

are u shooting in london?

#3 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Shooting in Wales.

We will be shooting 23.97 and since its HD the F900R doesn't seem to have much in the way of NTSC/PAL distinctions. Any idea if the built in downconverter does or is switchable? If I can stay NTSC the whole way that would be ideal.

~Jess

#4 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

I'll check on wednesday. I am on a British 900R from take2. Not a very common camera nowadays.

You could ring up the camera floor at Take 2 or Panavision UK yourself easily. They will help you out.

http://www.take2films.co.uk/

I am not sure at all. I don't know if there is an NTSC 900R or a PAL 900R . I think they are all the same nowadays. I've never thought about it.

Varizoom Follow Focus

SkyDreams

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek