#1 Benjamin Treplin

Benjamin Treplin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 298 posts
  • Berlin - Germany

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

Hi all,

had a shoot this week with a Red One. I used a Canatrans. All went fine until I pumped up the transmitting power to 1 Watt because we going from outside into a building and tried to keep a signal at the videovillage.

After the 4th take we recognized we had 280 something dropouts. Our data wrangler checked the media and all 4 takes where unusable. We change CF cards and tested and still got dropouts. I then unplugged the Canatrans and the camera recorder without an issue. We went back to 1/8 Watt and continued without issues.

I powered the Canatrans through my XCS sled and the cable (power + vid.) was running close (right on top) the CF card slot. The Canatrans was mounted on a XCS transmitter bracket on top of the camera.

So I don't know if it was the RF from the antenna or additional RF that came over the cable close to the CF card slot.

Hopefully next week I will have the chance to test the configuration again to track it down.

Any similar experiences out there?

Best

#2 Benjamin Treplin

Benjamin Treplin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 298 posts
  • Berlin - Germany

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

Yesterday I had the chance to test the setup again.

Same camera same Canatrans but "unfortunately" I was not able to recreate the dropouts.

I placed the sender and the cable at the exact same positions. No issues. I tried it anywhere at the camera body and right next to the card reader no dropouts.

No clue what caused it.

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

IDX

BOXX

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems