3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Sutton

Michael Sutton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • NH

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to use the monitor (via modification) of the 3A without the large electronics box. Meaning is it possible to attach a BNC connector and xlr4 or other power to it or does it rely on boards, etc in the bottom stage box to work properly. I do not care about the level function etc just that I can have an image.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but looking at the old technology in that box I have no idea what does what or if it is absolutely essential or not.

Any advice, or info is appreciated. Thanks.

sutton at rule dot com

p.s. if anyone has a 3A or EFP live yoke for sale or can machine one please let me know. Thanks.

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to use the monitor (via modification) of the 3A without the large electronics box. Meaning is it possible to attach a BNC connector and xlr4 or other power to it or does it rely on boards, etc in the bottom stage box to work properly. I do not care about the level function etc just that I can have an image.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but looking at the old technology in that box I have no idea what does what or if it is absolutely essential or not.

Any advice, or info is appreciated. Thanks.

sutton at rule dot com

p.s. if anyone has a 3A or EFP live yoke for sale or can machine one please let me know. Thanks.

No it's not, that's the electronics and high voltage power supply for the monitor

#3 Michael Sutton

Michael Sutton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • NH

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Eric. I guess i am dumping both then for something more modular.

#4 Michael Sutton

Michael Sutton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • NH

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

Anyone interested in a universal III electronics unit and CP green screen monitor?

Attached Files

Edited by Michael Sutton, 22 August 2009 - 02:18 PM.

SkyDreams

Teradek

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers