3 replies to this topic

#1 richard bellon

richard bellon

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

HI all

JUst a question, i know this has been discussed before as i found an old discusion but it was 4 yrs ago,
i was wondering does anyone have this system? if so how does it compare to a preston?
i am looking to buy a backup system and i like the price of this unit but i have never seen or even used this before.
apparently there where some issues with it perhaps they have been worked out?

Any favourable/unfavourable opinions?
later
richard

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

HI all

JUst a question, i know this has been discussed before as i found an old discusion but it was 4 yrs ago,
i was wondering does anyone have this system? if so how does it compare to a preston?
i am looking to buy a backup system and i like the price of this unit but i have never seen or even used this before.

Get a BFD for a backup.

Any follow focus that can blow a 10 amp supply fuse but not it's own 5 amp fuse has some serious issues

#3 Sven Joukes

Sven Joukes

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 81 posts
  • Antwerp, Belgium

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hi Richard

I rent this system when I need 2 or more channels. I own the Digifox single channel remote from the same manufacturer (which I like very much BTW).
It has always worked flawlessly. I've used it both with Heden and Scorpio motors. Easy setup and calibration of the motors. I like the fact that you can choose between single and dual handset modes. This gives you separate remotes for iris and zoom/focus. One for the DP and one for the assistant.

Good luck on your choice!

Best,

Sven

#4 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

HI all

later
richard

I´ve the full sistem focus/iris/zoom with Héden digital motors an it rules really right.

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

IDX

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems

SkyDreams