Yuk Hoy Cheong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

Hello Everyone,

I might be flying HD cameras soon and I am wondering what gadgets I need to have, in order to vary the lens size with the Zoom. Any solutions or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Happy Flying people.

cheong

#2 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hello Everyone,

I might be flying HD cameras soon and I am wondering what gadgets I need to have, in order to vary the lens size with the Zoom. Any solutions or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Happy Flying people.

cheong

Its more about the lens than the camera, Fuji or Canon if your flying on a Broadcast live HD shoot, you will also want a Fiber or Triax adapter if its live multicam. Zoom/focus can be achieved with a Stanton controller or a Zoe

If you only have a Preston or BFD then you can use a G-Zoom

Hope that helps

#3 Yuk Hoy Cheong

Yuk Hoy Cheong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Hi! Rob,

What are we looking out for with both Fuji or Canon lenses? Is it the Gear thread size or something else? Sorry to be ignorant, what's a Stanton controller or a Zoe or even a G-Zoom for that matter?

I am more geared towards the Film end rather than HD. Appreciate your time and effort.

Best regards
cheong

#4 James Puli

James Puli

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 215 posts
  • Australia wide! (depends where my car is parked)

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Hey guys.

Its just a gimble mounted, thumb activated zoom controller which plugs into the zoom rocker on the lens of video or broadcast cameras.
Then Jim Bartell makes a BUZ controller box to allow you to use this on a film lens in conjunction with a BFD.

I have been doing alot of live work latley, none of which i would have been able to do without my Libec zoom controller that Jim Bartell hooked me up with to go with his Buz. It has a little switch on it to allow it to work with either Canon or Fuji lenses. The only thing it wont get now is a camera return because Jim changed the cable to a nice flexible one, rather then the stiff one that came with it.

I think you can get these and or the Zoe controllers from B n H in New York. I just spoke to Jim and he sorted it out for me!

Hope this helps.

James Puli
Sydney Australia

#5 Yuk Hoy Cheong

Yuk Hoy Cheong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

Hello James,

Many thanks for the detailed description and pointing me to Jim. I will shoot Jim a mail shortly. Do you have any pictures of your set-up? Thanks in advance.

Happy flying.
cheong

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

IDX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX

Teradek