3 replies to this topic

#1 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

Hi fellow ops,

got a question. don't know if I'm posting in the right section, since I'm a newbie I'll post it here.

I'm used to keep my back very straight and been told not to do that, instead to curve a little the spine and bring ALL the weight on my hip, and move the sled from there. It's a bit difficult to explain but for those of you that had some experience with martial arts what I've been told is to put the weight just behind the belly (where the CG of the body is located). This way I reset the fore and after of the arm (bringing it ahead) and experience much more the feeling of a dance between me and the rig. I feel that when it starts I just have to follow her. And I feel also my spine less compressed and better used to carry the load. Is it bad?

I excuse myself for keep posting this question that can easily be answered taking a workshop but unlukily still didn't have any chance to take one.

many thanks

ciao
maqu

#2 Lohengrin Zapiain

Lohengrin Zapiain

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hi fellow ops,

got a question. don't know if I'm posting in the right section, since I'm a newbie I'll post it here.

I'm used to keep my back very straight and been told not to do that, instead to curve a little the spine and bring ALL the weight on my hip, and move the sled from there. It's a bit difficult to explain but for those of you that had some experience with martial arts what I've been told is to put the weight just behind the belly (where the CG of the body is located). This way I reset the fore and after of the arm (bringing it ahead) and experience much more the feeling of a dance between me and the rig. I feel that when it starts I just have to follow her. And I feel also my spine less compressed and better used to carry the load. Is it bad?

I excuse myself for keep posting this question that can easily be answered taking a workshop but unlukily still didn't have any chance to take one.

many thanks

ciao
maqu

#3 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

do a search and you'll find lots of info.

Chris Fawcett also wrote an excellent article about it:
http://steadivision.com/steadipos.html

#4 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hi Ron. Already read it very good read ideed. My post was for opening a discussion and confront among us regarding our position and preference. Anyway the search suggestion is always a good one.

Lohengrin sorry but I don't understand your post. Why quoting me completely and not add an unswear?

Search is good but also confronting is good.

Thanks all.

MQ

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Teradek

SkyDreams

IDX

Boland Communications

BOXX

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers