#1 Jamie McIntyre

Jamie McIntyre

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 72 posts
  • Reading, UK

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hi,

I had a bit of an obstacle to overcome today. We had a preston single channel on an old lomo anamorphic lens. The lens was a 50mm...

When we attatched the motor and tried to calibrate it, the motor would go through the calibration stage and then just repeat it over and over, almost like it couldn't find a hard stop even though we could see there was. Could there be any reason for this? A warped focus ring maybe?

We managed to get it working by hard stopping the lens by hand and then just winging it with focus, it worked out but I'd like to get it working properly tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jamie Mc

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hi,

I had a bit of an obstacle to overcome today. We had a preston single channel on an old lomo anamorphic lens. The lens was a 50mm...

When we attatched the motor and tried to calibrate it, the motor would go through the calibration stage and then just repeat it over and over, almost like it couldn't find a hard stop even though we could see there was. Could there be any reason for this? A warped focus ring maybe?

We managed to get it working by hard stopping the lens by hand and then just winging it with focus, it worked out but I'd like to get it working properly tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

bad cable

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Teradek

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

IDX

Wireless Video Systems

SkyDreams

Omnishot Systems