1 reply to this topic

#1 Taylor Gentry

Taylor Gentry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • New York City

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

Anyone have experience swapping battery plates? I have a used Flyer LE which is V mount, I want to make it Gold Mount. I know I could get adapters but I'd like the permanent mount to be gold mount, I'll buy V mount adapters as a secondary option for V mount jobs. I spoke to Terry West and he says the one thing that could be tricky is that there may not be holes drilled for the gold mount pattern on my V mount Flyer. Might need to machine new holes. The wiring is pretty simple. Any experience / advice?

#2 Stephen Parsey

Stephen Parsey

• Sustaining Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

I changed out the V-mount plate on my Zephyr to AB. It is just a basic +/- pair of wires. Just unscrew the old plate, un-solder the leads, then solder them to the new plate (double check the polarity) and screw the new plate back down. I imagine it's just as simple on the Flyer LE, but sorry I don't know about the holes.

On Zephyr, the battery bracket plate has holes for both V and AB mounts already, but mine had pre-sunk nuts for only V-mount. I bought some lock-nuts and used the screws that came with the AB plate to secure it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flyer LE, Anton Bauer, Battery plate, V mount, Gold mount

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

IDX

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX