Photo

Steadicam Lessons

Greg Smith steadicam lessons camera operating steadicam learn steadicam hand held easy rig 3D weels remote head

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Smith

Greg Smith

• Sustaining Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

For anyone interested in learning Steadicam.  Greg Smith, a well-known camera operator, is proud to announce the launch of his new website, www.steadicamlessons.com

Greg is taking his 21 years of his own on-hands camera operating experience to offer one-on-one Steadicam lessons for operators of all levels.

Attached File  steadicamlessons.jpg   32.47KB   28 downloads

#2 Kiel Michael Eulberg

Kiel Michael Eulberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

What sort of pricing are these classes going to have?

#3 Greg Smith

Greg Smith

• Sustaining Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

What sort of pricing are these classes going to have?

Please contact me directly to discuss pricing.

Thanks,

Greg

#4 Greg Smith

Greg Smith

• Sustaining Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

$150 an hr with a 2 hr minimum 

Greg

#5 Craig Phelps

Craig Phelps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

I took the SOA Workshop in October and, I have to say, it was one of the best experiences of my life. With that being said, I picked up my rig just a couple weeks ago and wanted to make sure I was dialed in with things, so I gave the one and only Greg Smith a call.

I have to say, 2 days of his one-on-one lessons is a game changer.

Having a veteran op like Greg there critiquing and giving advice on everything from set-life and business to, obviously, the actual operating is absolutely incredible.

Putting that into a one-on-one scenario? Get outta here!

Loved the SOA workshop, but this, for me, was an extra huge help; especially after not wearing the rig for a while as a new op.

He assessed where I was at and designed the entire two days around working on specific parts of operating. Going over drills and walk-through in different scenarios. Technique-drill-real World application. An excellent teacher for sure!

Can't recommend his service enough.

Plus, the beach is right there. ;)

Attached Files

#6 Tommy Stork

Tommy Stork

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 97 posts
  • Ventura, CA

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

When I was growing up I played baseball competitively and had a private coach I went to every week to work on mechanics drills and skills. I kind of look at Greg like that, like a coach; he figures out where you need the most help and tailors the coaching around that. Greg's many years as an operator makes his advice indispensable and worth every penny.  I was getting my ass handed to me on a particular shot in a movie I did a few weeks ago.  I got together with Greg and told him where I was getting hung up and he had me straightened out in no time.  Greg is a great teacher and I recommend his services highly to anyone wanting improve any aspect of their operating. 

#7 Gregory Unger

Gregory Unger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

I recently started taking steadicam lessons from Greg and couldn't be happier. He is patient and will work with you at whatever level you're at whether you're a seasoned pro or a beginner who wants to learn how to operate. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants to learn steadicam.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greg Smith, steadicam lessons, camera operating, steadicam, learn steadicam, hand held, easy rig, 3D, weels, remote head

Teradek

IDX

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

VidOvation

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC