Vest for Shorter Person

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Westover

Tim Westover

• Sustaining Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

Hey all, I have a friend whom is a girl and is on the smaller side - around 5'2". She is looking to buy a vest to use to practice/use with my pro rig. She's trying to keep this affordable, so I wanted to know if anyone has used the compact flyer vest (http://www.tiffen.co...num=803-7800-01) with a larger rig like a pro cinelive OR has a smaller vest they are looking to sell. Thanks. 

#2 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Hi Tim,

She should look for a Zephyr vest. They’re very capable, and have a shoulder-size adjustment to fit smaller ops.

All the best,

Chris

#3 Tim Westover

Tim Westover

• Sustaining Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Cool thanks for the fast response Chris, do you think there will be any problem with the weight of a bigger rig on the zephyr vest? I use to have one when I took the workshop but I can't remember if the piece holding the socket block is metal or plastic. Figure we'll have to get a pro socket block to put on the vest. I'm actually not sure if I can find a zephyr vest anymore either do you know if Tiffen is still selling them / are the Aero 30 vest the same ones?

#4 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Tim,

It will hold a lot more weight than it was designed for, and no you dont need to change the socket block.

Chris

#5 Tammy Jones

Tammy Jones

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 41 posts
  • USA, Canada

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

While not inexpensive... She should invest in a proper vest.  I have a Pro vest that I bought used, but it fits me so well.  So probably, Pro is still able to custom make one?  And I also have a Walter Klassen vest who custom makes all his vests.  He is located in Toronto, but he might still have my measurements.  I'm about the same height. 

#6 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Id lobby that the Zephyr is an excellent vest. It is actually Garrett Browns favourite vest after the Exovest. He carries any load with it. The over-the-shoulder adjustment makes it fit a wide variety of people.

Chris

#7 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 730 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

I suggest she try either a used Compact Master Series or Compact Ultra vest, or a new Zephyr vest as Chris suggests. All these choices will fit well and easily handle the weight.

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech