78 replies to this topic

#76 brett.mayfield

brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 262 posts
  • hotlanta

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

Jason, if the risk is worth it, then go for it. invest wisely.

other rigs may cost more, and cash isnt necessarily why we do this, but as my father has said often, "you have to spend money to make money"

#77 Anthony De Haast

Anthony De Haast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cape Town South Africa

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

This thread is fairly self explanatory as to the attitude of the company, i was told i can get a refund , but later denied as the partner in the business [I think the other chap bouncing on the carbon fibre post in the pictures] denied my refund. 

Unfortunately i was unable to take any further action being in South Africa,had i been based state side [USA] i am sure i would of had recourse as to the rights of a consumer as we do here in South Africa.

I see there is another 'group buy' for this rig at a fraction of the price of what myself and many others paid.

Read through this thread and decide if this is a company that you would be able to rely on.

'The Bitterness of Poor Quality remains long after the Sweetness of Low Price Is Forgotten'

#78 Jason Tseng

Jason Tseng

• Sustaining Members
  • 5 posts
  • Langhorne, PA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

Actually, the huge price drop was the thing that I was most fascinated by due to the implications for former customers. That and the fact that they are advertising the group buy everywhere . . . except here.

#79 Alexander R. Somarriba

Alexander R. Somarriba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Many opinionated responses to the proline raven. I believe the post thread started about 3 years ago now. I'm sure a lot has changed. We live a life of nothing but risks. You either play and win or you play and learn. Money is always a factor to many of the decision we make. It's why I'm happy to see people be upfront and honest about their opinion on the raven product line. You only know what you know. One thing is what you've seen and heard and a whole different story when you live through it. Proline is offering something different. And the fact the owner is offerening people to pass by the shop to test it before purchase is awesome. How many times has a fellow friend given you a negative review on a movie!? But then you watch it and it's amazing!! What works for one persons doesn't have to work for everyone. We're all different & have different taste. Not many path start at the mountain top, we have to go through the valley. We have to grow through the trenches. It's the climb (sounds like a Disney tone). And I think that's what proline is trying to offer. It's not proclaiming it's the maverick of all rigs.Its a stepping stone in the journey to operating.

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

The Moses Pole - Steadicam Monopod

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems