2 replies to this topic

#1 Joseph Hartzler

Joseph Hartzler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hello all!

Im deciding between two types of batteries for my first pro rig, between Core's batteries ( https://www.bhphotov..._hypercore.html ) and BCB (https://broadcastcamerabatteries.com/shop/monster-kit/?mount=v-mount).

I've used Core before and love them, last long, convenient and easy to see what the battery life is at, usb plus ptap in them, but I wanted to hear from other operators who own Core or BCB batteries and what they think of them (particularly BCB). 

I can afford the difference but I'm wondering is the price difference between Core and BCB worth it?

Thank you,

Joseph H.

#2 Scott Monk

Scott Monk

• Sustaining Members
  • 23 posts
  • Beaumont, TX, USA

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

Joseph,

I've been using BCB V-mount batteries exclusively for 5 years. I've got 8 of them in all power capacities. They're great and I've never had a problem with them, and they even have versions for the RED cameras that report battery condition on the monitor. I recommend the higher watt-hour models for their higher discharge capacity and extra weight on the rig to help balance bigger camera builds.

Regards,

Scott

#3 Deke Keener

Deke Keener

• Sustaining Members
  • 21 posts
  • Atlanta, GA

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

I have the Hypercore 75‘s and love them. Good life, smaller size, p-tap - highly recommend.

- Deke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steadicam, Batteries, Core, BCB, AB mount

Teradek

Paralinx LLC

IDX

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

SkyDreams

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems